Diversity & Inclusion
10 okt 2021 - 8 feb 2022€4950
Learn about bias, strategy, best practices, and create an actionable D&I strategy.
The need to create an inclusive company culture is bigger than ever. Diversity is one of the sustainable growth factors and leads to more innovation, better communication, and better decision-making. But bringing diversity to your organization is not enough. Inclusion is what you should aim for to profit from diversity. But where do you start or build upon? How to attract a diverse group of employees? How do you make them stay when they are a minority? And how do you build an inclusive company culture?
Unique in this course is the possibility to invite stakeholders from your own organization for 5 of the lectures. This helps you to exchange your experience and knowledge and to help you better connect with your stakeholders. Which is essential for the success of your D&I strategy and implementation.
This certified program for HR professionals, D&I managers, CEO’s or other professionals who have taken on D&I responsibilities, is a complete and intense program to give you all the information you need about every aspect of diversity and inclusion.
All aspects of both diversity and inclusion will be addressed in this program with renowned scientists and experts from Europe and the USA who share their research, insights, and best practices. At the end of this programme, you will have all skills and tools you need to create your own personal, actionable D&I strategy.
The way the course content was crafted and academic researchers and senior management with strong professional credentials from a diverse range of organizations were brought in was outstanding. [..] I’m not sure if the program could have been any better than it is now.– Sumaiya Noor, Diversity & Inclusion alumna
We address the following subjects:
- Biases explained and framed by psychological theory
- The effects of social exclusion
- Building an inclusive organizational culture
- Inclusive communication
- How to attract a diverse workforce?
- Mitigating bias in selection and promotion decisions
- Team diversity: How to limit the pains and stimulate the gains of working together
- How to approach the development of diverse employees?
- Beyond inclusion: How shared impact can help to increase and to retain a diverse workforce and minority leadership
- How to retain a diverse workforce when they are a small minority?
- Building a platform with diverse stakeholders within your organization and making sure ‘it’s not an HR thing’
- Constructing an actionable D&I strategy
- Special appearance by Harvard Business Review and book authors Brad Johnson and David Smith about involving men in gender diversity
- Best practices by Unilever, Deutsche Telekom, Lloyd Banking, and more
Guest lectures, gamification, learning materials, and the possibility to bring your stakeholders to some of the lectures, are included in the program. Individual coaching is also included to make sure your D&I strategy is a perfect fit for your organization with the emphasis on the subjects you would like to concentrate on (f.i. gender, culture/ethnic, or age diversity).
Programme creation and lecturers
Dates: Mon. 11 October | Tue. 12 October | Wed. 13 October | Thu. 14 October | Tue. 2 November | Wed. 3 November | Tue. 9 November | Tue. 16 November | Tue. 23 November | Tue. 30 November | Tue. 11 January | Tue. 18 January | Wed. 19 January | Thu. 20 January | Fr. 21 January | Tue. 25 January | Tue. 1 February | Tue. 8 February
Time: 15.30 – 18.00 CET
The meetings take place online. In case it will be possible to meet in person the dates will be the same and online until the 18th of January followed by two offline seminars:
Tue. 27 January & Fri. 18 January 10.00-18.00 CET
- EUR 4.950, – (learning materials are included, travel & hotel for the 2-day seminar is not included) VAT does not apply.
- Participants receive a certificate from the University of Amsterdam.