Develop and implement a global benefits strategy for a leading organization within a dynamic commercial environment
As a leading global organization, AkzoNobel is home to an extensive and sophisticated HR capability that aims to attract and retain the outstanding talent that will ensure our ongoing business success.
Within this context, your mission in this influential role is to develop the philosophies, policy principles and frameworks for the company’s employment benefits. In doing so you ensure that local arrangements are fit for purpose, cost effective and well governed. This requires you to work independently, but also in close collaboration with key corporate and regional/local stakeholders, taking direction from the HR Director, Global Rewards as necessary.
As such, this is a position for a proven and conceptual HR professional, perhaps with a background in HR consultancy, who can see the ‘big picture’ and evaluate the impact of decisions on the wider organization.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as someone with the analytical skills that enable data insights (self-generated and through others) to build a story and arrive at effective decisions? Can you act as a structured and effective project manager? Are you a self-motivated relationship builder, able to build engagement and credibility with internal and external stakeholders at all levels? Above all, can you make a real difference within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the position of
Head of Global Benefits
The role and its responsibilities
This highly responsible role is based at our Global Center in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Your core task is to develop the company’s global benefits strategy, ensuring alignent with broader business and HR strategies and priorities. Thus you:
• Scope, lead and drive projects to enhance and shape benefits from a corporate level, in collaboration with regional and local stakeholders;
• Partner and own the relationship with global benefits providers and other third parties to ensure the provided services are effective and fit for purpose;
• Engage regional and local stakeholders on the implementation of key projects and ensure that global principles are applied locally;
• Act as a subject matter expert on pension-related issues – both DC and DB – in close collaboration with the Group Pension Director and relevant pension trustees.
Taking an overall view you assess the company landscape in order to drive synergies and economies of scale where possible and feasible. This requires you to gain an understanding of costs and contractual commitments in order to develop change programs.
At all times you maintain an external radar on trends, insights, developments and the competitive landscape to ensure that the company’s benefits offerings remain fit for purpose and compliant. This will help you to act as a key contributor on how the future of work could shape our approach to benefits.
Further tasks include:
• Advising on M&A activities;
• Developing effective governance frameworks, systems and processes;
• Communicating benefits across the organization to ensure that packages are valued and understood within the culture that we wish to build;
• Reviewing existing technologies used for benefit administration and making recommendations for improvements.
To apply for this position you must possess all the following attributes:
• A relevant university education and 15+ years in reward/benefits management within a large and matrix global/international company environment;
• Knowledgeable subject matter expert including pensions, particularly DB pension experience;
• Results-driven ability to lead and manage multiple projects where there is likely to be joint ownership (e.g. with Insurance, Procurement, Finance);
• Able to prioritise and make effective trade-offs when necessary within an ever-changing environment;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills including fluent English and Dutch.
We offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. In addition to a good salary, you can expect excellent terms of employment including group insurance, 8% holiday allowance, travel allowance and an above industry standard number of vacation days. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development.
We welcome your online application via the ‘Apply‘ button or via www.akzonobel.com/careers, reference 190001CI. If you have any questions, please contact Ashna Badal, Talent Resourcing Partner, +31 (0)88 0106789, option 2.
An employment screening may be part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Flexa, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information, visit www.akzonobel.com
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature, ga je naar www.akzonobel.com.