We are looking for
Head of HR & Facilities
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for the surf & lifestyle brand O’Neill as a Head of HR & Facilities in the Netherlands (Warmond – nearby Leiden).
As the Head of HR you will partner with the CEO and be a sparring partner for the other management team members and senior leadership team. One of your key responsibilities is to build relationships with business leaders to establish credibility as a trusted advisor to influence, support key strategic decisions and proactively recommend solutions that directly impact business results. You will play a lead role in championing and further codifying our culture, values & behaviors – ensuring they are embedded through all people practices.
The current HR team consists of 1 HR Advisor, 1 international Payroll Specialist and 1 HR Officer. As Head of HR, you are also responsible for Facility Management and therefore provide leadership to the Facility Coordinator.
Are you the hands-on HR leader that likes to work in a young, energetic, informal, international and sporty environment? Then we are looking for you!
As Head of HR & Facilities you will be accountable for the strategic HR management and you will deliver the full range of the People Life Cycle on both a strategic and tactical level. You provide leadership for the implementation of HR programs, policies and process across Europe.
Specific responsibilities will be:
- Advise and support the CEO and managers on employment legislation and best practice HR and their implementation in the workplace in the Netherlands & across Europe.
- Develop and promote our employer ‘brand’ and help shape our culture values, vision and purpose as we continue to grow
- Provide people policies and practices that will mutually benefit employee and business.
- Take ownership and support the team in the delivery of all processes in relation to the Employee Life Cycle
- Further development the O’Neill Leadership Academy to provide our employees with a skills/training/appraisal program that will identify competencies and development needs in order to build a winning culture.
- Partner with the business in providing your expertise in relation to strategic and discrete projects
- Design and implement employee engagement and health & wellbeing initiatives
- Manage the recruitment and selection process directly and through the HR team, ensuring the organization has people with the talent and skills it needs
- Ensure that each employee has a relevant job specification and a set of appropriate terms and conditions
- Ensure all payroll administration and procedures are carried out efficiently and deadlines are met for all European payroll
- Source, implement and continue to review cost-effective solutions, to include recruitment channels, HRIT software solutions, employment law advisers and payroll provision
- Lead and develop the HR team and demonstrate the company’s core values in your own behaviors and practices
Who are you?
We are looking for an energetic and internationally oriented HR manager with at least 5-7 years of proven experience in a similar position, preferably in an international, changing, and fast-growing environment. You have a positive mindset and are able to think in opportunities and you will pro-actively come up with solutions and ideas. You have a curious and inquisitive mind, with drive to continuously challenging the status quo.
Further, you preferably have:
- Bachelor Degree with specific broad expertise on HR management and HR leadership and advisory roles, demonstrating increased levels of responsibilities.
- 5 – 7 years experience in (international) HR management
- Someone who can translate the business strategy and plans in a fitting and competitive people strategy.
- You are comfortable with change and ambiguity and have experience with working in a start-up like environment where the pace is quick.
- Your responsibilities stretch between strategic and tactical, and where it’s important to take ownership.
- You have a strong vision on HR and people strategy, have knowledge and experience across the full HR spectrum, and are able to drive program efficiency.
- You hold strong problem-solving skills, are a critical thinker and are able to prioritize, meet deadlines and make the best use of limited resources.
- You have experience with leading and coaching a small team of HR professionals and will add a healthy dose of humor to the team.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, and your excellent communication skills enable you to get things done.
- Preferably you’ve worked before with a Works Council.
- Good knowledge of Dutch labor law.
Please send in your resume and motivation letter by using the apply button below.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.