Smit & Dorlas Koffiebranders
An exciting opportunity to join a market leading, global coffee company in an interim HR role for a duration of up to one year. You will be based in Mijdrecht and report into the UK & Ireland People Director. This role can be flexible, 24 – 40 hours per week and these hours can be between 3-5 days per week. Preferably you will start mid August.
UCC Coffee, trading in The Netherlands as Smit & Dorlas, is a leading supplier to the foodservice market. We specialise in bean-to-cup coffee equipment and complete coffee & beverage solutions management. We work with well-known high street brands, as well as support smaller chains and independent customers. Our expertise is based on outstanding customer service, market-leading equipment, products, and first-class technical support, in line with best practice standards. We have a wealth of experience in the hospitality and foodservice industry, as well as an excellent understanding of the commercial benefits associated with great coffee.
We have a requirement to source an experienced and exceptional HR practitioner in a stand-alone role with lots of autonomy. You’ll be confident and capable and be happy to work with a direct manager who is based in the UK. You’ll be joining us during a period of change following a move to a Regional Structure. Your primary tasks will be to embed the changes that this has brought to the HR function, as well as provide local on-site support to one of our Netherlands operating companies.
You’ll be hands on, credible, able to quickly learn and will thrive in an environment where there is change. You’ll be a key part of the on-site management team and as such be responsible for developing the culture and supporting our plans.
You’ll need to have a good standard of English (spoken and written) (your direct manager and the leadership team are all British) and have demonstrable experience of excellence within HR during a period of change. You’ll need to have experience of organisational design processes and day-to-day management of HR without direct supervision. You’ll have a credible and collaborative style with high levels of leadership and professionalism.
- This is a hands-on role – you will have admin support from a central function, but all other HR tasks fall into this stand-alone role.
- This is a site-based role but there may be an ad-hoc requirement to travel to our other operating company in Friesland (Bolsward) to provide focus and support with HR admin processes during the transitional period.
- Manage and execute recruitment processes.
- Be the first point of contact for our managers and employees, build relationships and provide an outstanding service experience.
- Providing best practice coaching for line managers with the aim of improving overall people management skill within the business.
- Working with the admin shared service, act as a knowledgeable contact person towards all related external parties such as the payroll provider, UWV, pension provider, insurance company, etc.
- Manage and co-ordinate meetings and other interactions with our Works Council.
- Provide support and advice to our Finance Director, who is the senior person based permanently on-site.
- Work closely with the HR Manager from our other Netherlands based operating company on the transition of all admin processes to their team/system.
- Help embed the new HR system to facilitate the centralisation of HR admin/shared service.
- As our new regional structure takes shape, co-ordinate and manage any organisational changes to people and/or structure.
- Manage and support annual processes such as appraisal and salary review, using our performance management system.
- At least 5 years of HR experience in a position that has high levels of autonomy, in an organisation that has multi-country operations, with experience of working with remote and local stakeholders.
- Fluent in both Dutch and in English.
- Sound knowledge of Dutch employment law with a pragmatic approach to finding solutions to issues.
- Experience managing an HRIS. HR system implementation experience an advantage.
- Excellent understanding of MS Office.
- A quick learner and will thrive in an environment where there is change
- Confident to work with complete autonomy.
- Positive outlook, solid work ethic and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Dynamic and flexible.
- Credible and collaborative style with high levels of leadership and professionalism.
- Excellent organizational skills and customer focus.
What do we offer:
- A responsible function with a lot of variety
- An attractive remuneration package in accordance with your experience and qualities
- Laptop and phone
- Good benefits, including a contributory pension provision
- Every quarter coffee of your choice for home use
If you profile, we invite you to apply via the online application form. We of course like to hear why you want to work for us and why you think you are suitable for this function.
You can contact Esmeralda Lambregts for any questions related to this position om 0297 231160.
Acquisition is not appreciated.
To apply for this job please visit www.debanensite.nl.