HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can defeat poverty or any type of inequality or discrimination.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development, and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here.
We are currently recruiting for the position of:
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
The Hague (36 hours)
About the Role
Oxfam Novib aspires to be an organization where employees feel supported and challenged to make the best possible contribution to our mission: a just world without poverty. As manager of the Human Resources and Staff Bureau Unit, you will lead in developing this ‘safe and brave’ culture so that all knowledge and expertise are used and everyone’s talents can be developed. You will oversee a recently restructured Human Resources unit to deliver on our Human Resource Business Partners (HRBP) model, as well specialist HR support in areas such as reward and compensation, learning and organizational development, talent management, and employee relations. Your responsibility covers both teams and staff in Oxfam Novib’s office in The Hague (+/- 350 FTE), like that of a number of Oxfam Country Offices in Africa, Asia and the MENA region (+/- 1.000 FTE) where Oxfam Novib functions as executing affiliate for the confederation. As HR Director you will also represent Oxfam Novib within the Oxfam Global Human Resources Directors Group, supporting and influencing the evolution of Oxfam’s confederation wide HR strategies. In line with Oxfam Novib’s organizational structure, the functional title of this position will be the Human Resources and Staff Bureau Manager.
Tasks and responsibilities
· Overall responsibility for the efficient management of the HR function and Staff Bureau in Oxfam Novib and aligning the HR and Staff Bureau function to the Oxfam Strategic Plan and Oxfam Novib Annual Plan.
· Provide consultation to the Board of Directors on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, and employee relations.
· Represents Oxfam Novib at the Oxfam Global HR Directors Forum and has the mandate to take strategic decisions affecting Oxfam Novib at that forum.
· Overall responsibility for performance management, workforce planning, health and safety, HR compliance and the delivery of the organizational HR priorities and strategy, and accountable to the Director: Finance and Operations, and ultimately the Board of Directors.
· Overall responsibility for ensuring that Oxfam Novib meets all state regulations and is legally compliant.
· Overseeing the preparation and management of the HR and Staff Bureau budget.
· Overall responsibility to ensure that the organizational culture at Oxfam Novib is supportive of the values of the organization.
· Overall line and operational management of a diverse group of HR staff with generic and specialist profiles.
· People manage (line) the Staff Bureau consisting of Secretary of the Board, Lobbyist, and Legal Counsel.
· Work with Integrity Lead on implementing safeguard initiatives in the employee life cycle.
· Overseeing the preparation and communication of management information.
Requirements for the job
· have a Master’s Degree, WO Master or similar qualification in HR;
· have at least 10 years’ experience in managing an HR unit in a large, complex, international organization;
· have a comprehensive understanding of the HRBP business model and its wider implications for an organization.
· have work experience in the global South (highly desirable);
· are fluent in Dutch and English;
· have a proven track record in managing a diverse team of highly skilled professional staff;
· have experience working in a complex networked international organization;
· have demonstrable experience in change management;
· are client focussed;
· have proven influencing, communication and networking skills;
· have good organizational planning skills;
· are able to manage conflict;
· have an above average problem-solving ability;
· are willing and able to travel.
Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. This position is classified in scale 12. The gross salary range is between € 3.925 to € 6.039 on the basis of 36 hours per week. The position will be based in The Hague, The Netherlands.
Applicants for this contract must be Dutch nationals, nationals of a European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
More information and application procedure
If you are interested, please upload your application letter and resumé/cv in English via the ‘apply’ button, no later than April 26, 2019.
For more information about the position, you can contact the Director Finance and Operations; Pauline.Mulder@oxfamnovib.nl
Applications received by email will not be processed.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization. Therefore, people of all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colors, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are eligible for this position.
Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment.
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature, ga je naar career2.successfactors.eu.